Table of Contents
- What Is a Niche?
- Which Niches Are Good for Internet Marketers?
- How Do You Make Money with a Niche?
- Can You Be in More than One Niche?
- The Basics of Choosing a Niche
- The Popularity of a Niche
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Coming up with Niche Ideas in the First Place
- Moving to Additional Business Models Once You’re in a Niche
- How to Come up with Amazing Niche Ideas
- Verifying Your Niche Idea Is a Good One
- More on Determining Profitability
- Verifying the Niche…Again
- Building Your Online Presence to Establish Yourself in a Niche
- How to Create a Solution and Monetize It
- A Final Run Down of Choosing Your Niche
- It’s Time to Profit!
Next, let’s talk about where to go after you’ve chosen your niche. We’re not going to get into specifics here when it comes to business models—there are a ton of books out there that can help you with specific business models. It’s just that I’ve seen so many of them gloss over niche selection, which is why this is my main focus for this particular series.
It doesn’t matter what your business model is or what you’re doing, you need to have an online presence.
An online presence gives people a chance to get to know you.The more people know, like, and trust you, the more likely they are to buy from you.
An online presence also keeps you fresh in people’s minds. You don’t want to be “out of sight, out of mind”…you want to be so relevant and present that people can’t help but run into you all over the web.
Building an online presence also gives you security. You want to be present on social media, on forums, on your own website, and through your sales channels.
I suggest you take the time to see what other marketers in your niche have done to establish themselves. Look at their Facebook pages and groups. Could you start something like that for yourself? Look at their Twitter accounts—how do they network with other marketers as well as their customers and readers?
It’s important for you to network and develop relationships in any way you can online. It’s going to help you be much more successful.
When you’re first getting started, it can be intimidating to think about standing out. Just get in there and start chatting with other people in your niche. Be friendly and helpful on social media, forums, and popular blogs. Show people that you know what you’re talking about and that you’re the one to watch in this space.
You never want to spam, of course. You don’t want to just push sales messages all the time. You’re presenting a persona to the people of your niche, so it has to be a good one. It has to be one people will be willing to buy from.
- Figure out what your branding is going to be in this niche. Get your website up.
- Create a Facebook page or group dedicated to helping people in the niche.
- Join relevant forums.
Wherever the readers and the experts of this niche hang out is where you need to be.
This is how you become well-known and successful.
The thing is, no matter which niche you choose, you never really have to start from scratch. If you network with others, you can find success more quickly.
Takeaway: Your name will spread and you’ll find opportunities to work with those who are more established (affiliate opportunities, joint ventures, partnerships, and more). Having a web presence simply gives you a much higher, stronger chance of success.