Here's a great article on persuasion – I love it. But then again, I love everything James Altucher writes.
- Tell people who you are, using what Altucher calls “method acting”. Stand up, smile, open hands (no clenched fists). You want to look relaxed.
- Relax. Thugs are uptight. This is about setting others at ease.
- Remove the Uhhhs, Yeahs, Mmmm-hmmms from your speech. It makes you sound stupid.
- There are 6 “U's” to remember – Urgency, Unique, Useful, Ultra-specific, User-friendly, Unquestionable proof
- Know your audience's desires. Speak to them. They generally are – recognition, rejuvenation, relaxation, relief, religion, remuneration, results, revenge, mance
- Know how to counter objections, which are in the form of – No time, No interest, No perceived difference, No belief, No decision