Article marketing is one of the best ways to generate traffic to your website.
Here's how it works.
- You write an article.
- You submit it to article directories.
- Web publishers (website owners & bloggers) grab your article from the article databases and use your article on their sites free of charge.
- Inside your article, at the end, you include a resource box that contains a link to your website. When the article is published, that portion must tag along and be published, too.
Your link tags along with your article and you get FREE advertising.
Want an example of a great resource box? Here's one.
Bill Davis is the author of “How to Profit from Small Reports” – if you can write 7-15 page small reports, you can earn a living online working just a few hours each week from your home. Look for his EXCLUSIVE formula “Creating Profits with Small Reports” at http://www.profitablesmallreports.com (fictional)
That would be an example of an author bio.
At the end, it says:
Would you like to learn more about how to use PLR articles in your business? Nicole Dean welcomes you to sign up for her free ecourse at www.EasyPrivateLabelArticles.com If you’re ready to start shopping, just stop by www.EasyPLR.com – where you’ll find high-quality PLR articles sold in very limited quantities.
So, everyone who re-publishes that article will include the author blurb and both authors will get lots of free traffic.
There are three main ways article marketing can generate traffic for you:
- People click your link from the article directory and end up on your website.
- Webmasters publish your article (with your link intact) on their own site.
- Your search engine position increases because you'll gain more backlinks.
That makes article marketing an excellent strategy.
You can read the rest of this post by subscribing to my TinyLetters service.