Ah, it's nearing the end of the year, so you know what that means!
Yes, it's time to make “New Year Resolutions.”
I've never really been one to make resolutions for the new year. Rather, I like to make resolutions as soon as they make sense. For example, if I realize something needs improvement in July, I resolve to solve it in July.
But now is as good a time as any to set goals for next year. We've all heard of SMART goals, right?
Now, I'm not going to go through each one. You can do that here. I think the terms are self-evident. Suffice it to say that your goals must be concrete (i.e., not wishy-washy), you need to know if you've achieved them (e.g., $12,000 in consulting fees in Q1 2013), and they just need to make sense for you.
If they're too easily attained, you won't grow much either. So keep that in mind, too.
My #1 Goal of 2013
I simply want to help more people this year. I know, that's really wishy-washy! But I can quantify it by saying that I want to double the number of coaching clients I have this year over last year. I know last year's number and I know how to multiply by 2, so…it's easy!
Well, the easy part is setting the goal. The real work comes in the planning and “strategizing” that goes along with that!
For me, adding more coaching clients will be a function of the following things:
- Now that The Internet Marketing Coaching Academy is live, with a couple options (it has only been fully operational for a few months in 2012), I can offer that all of 2013 and be reasonably sure that I can exceed doubling my customer count.
- I need to make sure people know about it! I often put together really good programs and then fail to mention it to half the people I should. That changes this year. I will be focusing on my “sales funnel” for the coaching program. I'm currently re-writing my auto responder sequence for coaching prospects. I will be building more “entry points” to the funnel, too. That should add to my prospect pool.
- All roads will lead to the coaching program in 2013.
My #2 Goal of 2013
I want to continue my growth in the area of local business marketing. Since I'm a “systems guy,” I know that I can continue forging ahead with my ambitious plans to systematize my entire local business marketing blueprint.
More on that later.
Suffice it to say that I want to land 3 big annual contracts ($24,000 plus).
My #3 Goal of 2013
I want to establish authority as an internet marketer by establishing strong presences in the Kindle marketplace, the Warrior Forum, podcasting, and webinars (using Meeting Burner and Google Hangouts).
- In the Kindle marketplace, I will publish one eBook per month
- I will do 1 podcast a week
- I will do one webinar a week
- I will post one WSO in the Warrior Forum per month
- I will contribute to the WF by making relevant and regular comments on posts
That's it. Three simple goals, the first of which, actually, is served by the other 2!